We have been receiving a number of questions about what gear your player will need for the season. Here is a the list of gear you'll want to get for your player:
Helmet - White
Pants - Black (if you already have white, that works as well, no need to buy new pants, but if you do buy new pants, buy black)
Other gear such as gloves are completely optional.
White Bear Youth Football recommends you check out our partner Revolution Sports in Vadnais Heights, who is putting together an equipment package for WBYF players. You can discuss the staff at Revolution at one of the upcoming weigh ins they are hosting.
Fees for the season will be going up by $20 on Monday, June 14th. If you're planning on playing this season, now would be a great time to register!
Here are the current registrations by grade (remember to sign up for grade for next school year). Please help spread the word and make sure your friends are signed up!
4th - 17
5th - 31
6th - 44
7th - 45
8th - 17
Welcome to the 2021 White Bear Youth Football Season!
We've been going strong since 1983 and we're excited for the prospects of our 2021 season.
We received overwhelmingly positive feedback from the 250 players who played in on our 2020 season, which we were able to play safely in spite of the pandemic, we know 2021 will be an even greater season of fun and learning for all players. We hope to see 300+ players participating this season.
In our 2020 survey, we heard many positive things, such as 9 out of 10 players/families willing to recommend WBYF to friends and family. We heard that WBYF is priced fairly, the players overwhelmingly have fun and plan to come back for this season and that we have strong coaches.
We also heard that we have some room for improvement, in particular around team sizes, player rotations and better clarity on rules and competition for our 4-6 grades. We will continue to strive to take in this feedback and improve, including proactively addressing with the Forest Lake league through hiring more seasoned referees and working directly with them to clarify rules.
What you can expect for our 2021 season:
Registration: will run from April 1st - July 23rd.
*April 1st - June 13th will constitute early registration period
*June 14th - July 23rd will constitute a late registration period.
Fees: will remain the same as 2020
* 4-6 = $205 for early period, $225 for late period
*7-8 = $220 for early period, $240 for late period
Note - we are offering a 50/50 payment plan again this year
* 4-6: will continue to play in the Forest Lake League against teams such as Chisago, Forest Lake and North Branch
*7-8: will continue to play in the North Suburban League against teams such as Blaine, Centennial, Forest Lake and Mounds View
* Season will run from roughly Mid-August to late October/early November
* White Bear Youth Football will be offering free off-season training from late June through July
We look forward to having you join us for the season and we appreciate all of your help to spread the word to help continue to increase participation in Youth Football.
-WBYF Board of Directors
Tuesday Night Light at Podvin
Per our note on accepting donations for our unexpected COVID expenses, including face shields, we are accepting donations through the button, below.
We have heard from both leagues we play in, Forest Lake for 4th-6th and North Suburban for 7th-8th, that Youth Football has been cleared to play for the 2020 season by the Minnesota Department of Health! We will be moving forward under our COVID policy and plan.
As we continue to move forward with the season, there are a few housekeeping items we need everyone to take care of, if you haven't already, to go forward with the season.
1. COVID Waiver (new) - please review and acknowledge/accept our COVID policy and waiver for the season. This is a requirement for all players and coaches and you will be unable to practice or participate in games until you sign the waiver. You can find the waiver at this link https://wbyouthfootball.sportngin.com/register/form/944477686
2. Season Payment (reminder) - final payment, whether you are paying a single payment or two 50% payments, is due this Wednesday, August 12th. You will be unable to start practice if you have not at least paid 50% of your invoice by the start of practice. If you can’t find your invoice, are not planning on playing or have questions about payment, please contact Brian Sauer at email@example.com
3. 4th-6th Grade Weigh-In (reminder) - if you are a player in grades 4th-6th who has not yet weighed in, there will be a final make-up session this Wednesday, August 12th, at Podvin Park from 6:00PM-7:00PM. If you do not get weighed by WBYF, you will not be able to carry the ball, even if under the ball carrying limit.
WBYF is pleased to announce the 2021 WBYF Board Leadership roles:
Co-Chair - Brian Sauer
Co-Chair - Jamison Friendt
Vice Chair - Tom Sohrweide
Treasurer - Brian Carnes
Secretary - Kevin Eicher
The development of character, sportsmanship, and knowledge of their sport are the goals of any amateur sports program. Our children learn from our examples, and we as parents need to exemplify the highest level of sportsmanship by supporting all players, coaches, and referees.
Please review our full Parent and Fan Code of Conduct for a complete view of your important role supporting your player grow and learn the sport of Football.
Win or lose, every player has a responsibility to their team and to the sport to conduct themselves with good sportsmanship.
Please take time to have your player review these expectations and please help to reinforce the Player's Code of Conduct.
The next Board Meeting will be Wednesday, April 14th, at the District Center, Room 201, from 6:30PM-8:30PM.
Public Input from 6:30PM-7:00PM
White Bear Youth Football is now on Twitter!
Follow us on Facebook! We will update things and pass along info through our Facebook page.